The SteelTop has the look and feel of a vintage instrument while also featuring another James Trussart original invention: the recessed steel top plate. The metal plate sits in a recessed area on the face of the instrument, which keeps the edge of the metal plate covered, adding comfort as well as styling.
In addition to the recessed steel top plate, Trussart's exclusive chambered wood body and custom metal appointments are beautiful to look at as well as being functional. For instance, the recessed steel head cap adds mass to the headstock and increases sustain. The steel, while also being the perfect medium to display the beautiful Trussart custom finishes and engraving, also has tonal advantages. The SteelTop tone is a uniquely classic sound that, combined with the resonant qualities of the chambered body and steel top, can range from sweet thick classic tones to the heaviest lead tones.
- Body: Chambered Alder Body with Antique Silver Holey Top
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Shape: '59 Standard
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale: 24-3/4"
- Nut: 1-5/8" Wide
- Radius: 10"
- Frets: #6130 (Medium Jumbo)
- Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone and a 3-Way.
- Pickups: TV Jones® Super'Trons
- Includes: a James Trussart signed Certificate of Authenticity, High Quality G&G® Hard Case