Dream Sequence is built around a pattern-based rhythmic Sequencer that pitch shifts your instrument up or down one octave. This allows for unique Arpeggiator and Tremolo patterns at moderate tempos, churning, atmospheric effects at slow tempos, and wild Modulation effects at high speeds.
Dream Sequence has 3 Preset Banks: User, Factory, and Saved. The User Bank contains simple, customizable step sequencer patterns (modified by the Shape and Subdivision knobs), while the Factory Bank contains more complex, evolving presets. The Saved Bank contains 11 locations for saving your own presets and a Pattern Recorder (for creating your own patterns) in the 12th location.
The pedal features Hologram’s proprietary Tap Tempo system for synchronizing these rhythms with other musicians, and a “Hold” sampler section that captures notes or chords to allow for unique harmony and drone effects. Dream Sequence also allows you to “automate” controls by recording your knob movements.
Dream Sequence uses digitally-controlled analog overdrive, tone, and dry mix controls at the output. This means that although your signal is passing through an analog drive section, the positions of these controls can be saved or automated as part of your presets.
- Octave Up and Down Pitch Shifting
- Pattern Sequencer
- Rhythmic Gate, with dynamic ADSR “morphing”
- Tap Tempo
- Digitally-Controlled, Analog Drive and Tone
- Analog Dry Path
- Infinite “Hold” Sampler
- 24 Built-in Presets
- Save Custom Presets, with 11 Save Slots
- Pattern Recorder, for creating custom patterns by tapping footswitches
- Record and Save Knob “Automation”
- MIDI In/Out
- Expression Pedal Input, mappable to many controls
- True Bypass Switching (electromechanical relay)
- Auxiliary Modes for use as a +1/-1 oct. Pitch Shifter, Tremolo, or Hold Sampler